Looking for guidance? QDR offers resources on a wide range of issues related to working with and sharing qualitative data.
- Data management
- Working with human participant data
- Preparing data for sharing
- We also provide a list of templates
Interested in sharing data? QDR will work with you through our collaborative curation process, which includes
- Advice on documentation and data to include
- Disclosure-risk review for all de-identified data you submit
- Re-formatting data for long-term preservation and storage
- Publication of data with detailed, appropriate metadata and digital object identifiers DOI
Interested in re-using data published by QDR? Browse our catalog!
QDR conducts research to advance the possibilities for transparency in qualitative and multi-method research.
- Learn about Annotation for Transparent Inquiry (ATI), which allows you to “annotate” specific passages in an article. Annotations amplify the text and, when possible, include a link to one or more data sources underlying a claim.
- As part of "Working with Sensitive Research Data" (WSRD), we foster dialog between researchers, data repositories, IRBs, and other stakeholders.
For Academic Institutions
Support your affiliates and be a champion of open science by becoming an Institutional Member. Institutional membership provides researchers at your institution with free access to QDR's curation and storage services and access to member-only events. Institutional members also shape QDR's agenda by participating in our governance.
For Research-intensive Non-profit Organizations and Think Tanks
QDR offers dedicated services for non-profits to help you make your work more transparent and thus more impactful.